Sunday, December 7, 2014

Birth of an athemn

Editorial for Columns, Washington University magazine. The text tells the story of one of the most popular school fight songs and takes you 100 years back to describes the events that lead to composing the anthem. 
The Art director and I pictured something very festive so I wanted to create a very physical image with a lot of movement and yet limited by color palette. 
Conceptually, this is not my usual scene but it was fun digging for all the vintage photos of that time, posing as a flashing girl behind the fence (and then dressing her up for something more modest) and listening to the song tunes- just to get myself in the mood.
I also very much enjoyed the creative dialog with the AD who had a strong vision and a high composition perception but at the same time let me do my thing. Thank you Ken